You are invited to the 20th Awareness Walk in St. John’s. Children and extended family are welcome. This is an informal event.
Some people may find is very sad and difficult, while others enjoy the time to remember and reflect. Some people will be very fresh in their grief journey, and some may have been on the road for a long time.
The Bungalow is small and chair space fills up fast. Please arrive a little early. There is parking next to the Bungalow. Someone is usually at the gate to let you in to the park. Dress for the weather!
- When you arrive please write down your babies name or info as you would like them to be remembered (Eg. Baby Smith, or Susanne Smith etc ). These are read out during a short non-religious based service/ceremony of remembrance.
- Each person may also take a blue, pink or white ribbon in memory of their baby(ies).
- The ceremony usually includes a song, poem, reading of babies names who are being remembered. It is not long.
- After that we will take a short walk to the bridge over the river and throw babies breath flowers into the river.
- Then we meet at the ‘Angel Grove’ just behind the Bungalow, where there is a tree planted each year in memory of our babies. Generally one family will donate the tree each year to be planted.
- Next you are invited back to the Bungalow for cake and a little snack.